Sunday, January 21

a week with candice


at the beginning of the week my friend candice sent me this fabulous package . such a bundle of lovlieness!
the blue sash is tied around the greatest funky apron. the collaged card on the left is sewn paper and fabric and there is a stack of beautiful napkins tied with lace and secured with a rhinestone pin.
then our art group met at candice's house for a wonderful dinner and a whole evening with art and friends. when we arrived she had a table set up in front of the fire for us to work at. i had to wander around and look at every beautiful thing she has arranged in her home. a magical winter display set up in the entry and her office was filled with so many cool things to see. it was all so inspiring.
candice put together a little kit for us to get started on. inside was a gorgeous blue box with a page from a bird book, a collection of twigs and feathers from nature, and other lovely bits to decorate with. this is how four of them turned out.

this is only the second time our art group has met. already i feel such a connection to these girls. thank you to each of you, sherri, sue, candice, rena, and amanda for such an amazing evening! i really can't wait for macrame rings everyone. . .

8 comments:

Kari said...

Wow, LOVE those colors!!! The nature boxes are just wonderful. I'm currently doing a similar themed project on my blog...a Cabinet of Curiosities challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't beleive you are back on the blog train. Your sight is just lovely. i love the white it is so january. You need to let the other art girls know about your sight. As for mine I need to do some work on my design. I don't even like to blog there anymore. Thanks for the lovely photos. love candice

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful package julie! looks like one of yours!! Nature boxes are so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Whaaaaa! I need an art group!
Sounds like such fun. Glad you're all doing it.

And I'm sure I'd love browsing Candice's house too.

Anonymous said...

Aahhhh, Turq blue & brown. One of my fav combinations. Love the birds too!

Holly Loves Art said...

Hello Fellow Capricorn,

I found your blog through Ruth Rae's. I LOVE your work and your blog is fantastic. I'll definitely be back (and I cook with real butter too!)

Best to you,
Holly in Venice, CA

Anonymous said...

okay i can't stand it post something about cha. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ohhh my! what an incredible night!! So lucky! Everything looks incredible!! Cannot wait to see your next creations!!

thanks for sharing!!
xoxo Jenny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...